EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT - EARN 60 MBA CREDITS
The ILM Level 7 Leadership & Management qualification provides the opportunity for you to reflect, explore and evaluate where you are as a leader, how you can be future ready, and how you can naviage through the challenges of leadership. You will be afforded the opportunity to explore strategies, theories, application, techniques and best practices to further support and developyour skills as a leaader and manager.
The importance of a leadership qualification
Effective leadership is a defining asset of successful companies, effective leaders determine what happens next in organisations, they are at the helm of driving performance. Having a pivotal role in industries requires a combination of competencies, capabilities and skills, a professional leadership qualifications provides an excellent avenue for recognition of your abilities as a leader. An ILM leadership and management professional qualification provide international recognition and prestige to your professional profile.
Who should attend?
- This course is for those with management experience in senior roles and who would like to gain a professional leadership qualification. This course is ideal for:
- Company Directors • Senior functional managers • Regional directors or country managers • Heads of multiple business units within an organisation and Senior managers aspiring to leadership roles
Key Benefits of the Course and Progression
- Access to best practices, case studies and up to date leadership resources via online learning platform
- Achievement of an Internationally recognised leadership and management qualification
- Expert Leadership e-coaching
- Expert and informative feedback and support from our leadership tutors throughout the qualification programme
- Share thoughts and experiences with international business leaders to gain an infusion of new perspectives and radically different ideas through our online forums.
- Personalised Leadership Assessment profile and report
- Identification of your strengths, strategies for harnessing strengths more effectively and benchmarking your leadership skills and performance
- Explore strategies and techniques for problem solving and critical thinking
- More effectively understand motivation and the power of influence to promote greater levels of performance from staff
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
ILM qualifications allows executives to work towards qualifications that are relevant to their business/organisations and context. Level 7 Qualifications also provides Masters level credit transfer for MBA degree, recognized by top UK universities.
An ILM level 7 Qualification can also support your career progression and promotion to exectuive/CEO roles, as the qualification is seen by employers as a strong indication of your leadership competencies
The ILM Level 7 Leadership & Management qualification provide for the opportunity to reflect on what kind of leader you are today, where you want to go from here, and what you will do to get there? This programme focuses on the essence of what makes a good leader, exploring key leadership competencies, providing the basis for honing leadership skills and qualities, to review new trends and approaches. You will develop strategies to cultivate and extend your capabilities as a leader, exploring key leadership competencies and modern day challenges
The ILM Diploma requires that you complete 60 credits - you must complete all three mandatory units to obtain the qualification
Unit 1- Developing Leadership & Management Capability through Enquiry –
Assessing the challenges ahead, regionally, globally, what competencies are required to tackle these issues? What Makes a Great Business Leader? How can we future proof our leadership skill set? Going beyond leadership stereotypes, exploring cross cultural trends, social and emotional intelligence, looking at leadership in action.
- Reviewing assessing own leadership competencies and development. Leadership in context – Ethical leadership
- The ability to think critically and to make informed decisions is crucial to the leadership role, tools for generating a problem solving approach to leadership challenges is essential.
- Evidenced based management
- Making informed decisions - Tools to help you clarify the problem, generate ideas, develop and implement more creative solutions
- Be able to generate and evaluate viable options and apply decision-making techniques Critical thinking -
- Tools and strategies to generate innovative responses to business problems and opportunities
Unit 2 – Developing a high-level Business Case
Navigating the winds of Change and volatility
The current global business climate ensures dynamic change will be a major concern for the discerning leader. Despite the best efforts, creating stability, healthy organisations and being responsive to business environments will continue to challenge leaders.
- Becoming a strong visionary as a tool for fighting volatility
- Communication strategies for creating corporate “buy in” for vision
- Becoming an 'agent for change'
- The psychology of change and uncertainty
- Stakeholder management - Developing a vision that engages and resonates with stakeholders
- Fresh perspectives, collaboration and dealing with complexity
- Developing agility in decision making
- Developing a high-level business case
How can organisations promote creativity and Innovation? How can they balance creativity and innovation with business as usual?
Unit 3 – Developing & Maintaining High Performance Culture & Optimising Resources
- Reviewing organisational vision, business context, operating environments
- Shaping the vision into a strategy with an emphasis on outputs, ownership and performance
- Linking strategic planning and decision making with business' overall objectives. Strategic planning and influencing factors
- Establishing relevant metrics for optimum performance
- Assessing and benchmarking performance, against organisational strategy
- Case study – Implementation of The Balanced Scorecard
- operational management – developing excellence
- Determining quality – TQM approach to excellence
- Identification of risks and challenges to current ways of working
- Managing corporate risks
- Developing robust systems and strategies to minimize corporate risks
- Establish strategies for the development and maintenance of high levels of performance that take account of stakeholder needs, identified risks, challenges and diversity
As part of your qualification, you will be required to complete an assessment in relation to all of the units on your programme. ILM’s approach to assessment is to ensure that it enables you apply and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and awareness to real-life workplace challenges.
In order to obtain this prestigious and highly recognised qualification, you will need to complete an assessment for each unit, which is usually 1 assessment per unit. Assessments can be taken in a variety of formats, from presentations to written reports.
Resources and Support
As part of this course you will be provided with the essential requirements for success! You will be allocated an experienced and expert Leadership E-coach who will provide support and guidance throughout your course. They will assist you with the completion of your assessments, providing feedback and support. You will also be provided with access to a range of resources, both online and hard copy materials. As part of the course you will receive complimentary ILM studying membership, the benefits of which include:
- Complimentary subscription to Edge magazine, the Institute's leadership and management magazine
- The Ci Zone, free access to a suite of interactive career development tools and resources.
- The Resource Centre brings you the access to latest leadership and management thinking through a free online catalogue of e-books, business books summaries and thousands of e-journal articles.
- The LearningZonehas over 400 digital learning resources covering essential management and leadership topics, many of which have been mapped to directly support learners on the ILM programmes.
- Full access to the ILM Insight – where managers, leaders, HR professionals, training experts,
- academics and opinion-formers come to network, share advice and find hot topics and research.
What is included in the cost?
• Registration and certification
• Course materials/handbook/e-learning resources
• ILM Studying Membership
• Assessment marking and feedback on assessments
An allocated tutor who provides support and guidance throughout the course
Training days (for FAST TRACK and INTENSIVE ONLY)
“I enjoyed the ability to relate to other colleagues from different countries and departments within my organisation and to share ideas and best practice, it helped me to learn approaches for my colleages and to look at common problems that we all faced.”
Country Manager – The Sultan Centre -Kuwait
“Fantastic experience....great sense of achievement completing this....I am definitely continuing my studies on the MBA programme.”
Manager - HSBC
“Really challlenging, but worthwhile course”
Manager - Brunel University
If you would like to deliver this programme within your company we can customise according to your needs please get in touch to discuss your needs
Book The Course Today!