INTERESTED IN COACHING AS PART OF YOUR MANAGEMENT ROLE?
WANT TO SET UP IN PRIVATE PRACTICE AS A COACH?
Increasingly coaching skills is a necessary skill set for successful managers and leaders who want to be able to develop the potential of their staff. Coaching skills are essential in developing a culture of growth, development and training within teams and organisations. “Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching then"
The importance of a management qualification
"90% of organisations with over 2,000 employees use business coaching"
Organisations understand the value that coaching brings to their organisation.
Who should attend?
- There are no formal entry requirements.
This course is designed for those aspiring to go into management or for existing managers, and those who want to develop private practice as a coach
Key Benefits of the Course and Progression
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
- Develop an Action plan to build and extend your management skills
- Develop tools and strategies to increase the performance of your team
- Network with professionals from different sectors and backgrounds to share experiences and best practices
- Achieve a highly recognised and prestigious management qualification
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
▶ ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management
An ILM level 5 Qualification can also support your career progression and promotion to higher management positions, as the qualification is seen by employers as a strong indication of your management capabilities.
This course also provides the qualification and credentials to work as a freelance coach.
The Certificate and Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring are ideal qualifications for managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day-to-day role. They are also designed to develop learners planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
There is three mandatory units in each qualification.
The first unit, ‘Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring’ aims to enable learners to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and build a business case.
The second unit, ‘Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor’ aims to give learners the ability to critically review their own personal qualities, skills and competence.
The third unit requires learners to demonstrate their ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in the workplace
As part of your qualification, you will be required to complete an assessment in relation to all of the units on your programme. ILM’s approach to assessment is to ensure that it enables you apply and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and awareness to real-life workplace challenges.
In order to obtain this prestigious and highly recognised qualification, you will need to complete an assessment for each unit, which is usually 1 assessment per unit. Assessments can be taken in a variety of formats, from presentations to written reports.
- You will also need to complete supervised coaching/mentoring practice.
Resources and Support
As part of this course you will be provided with the essential requirements for success! You will be allocated an experienced and expert Leadership E-coach who will provide support and guidance throughout your course. They will assist you with the completion of your assessments, providing feedback and support. You will also be provided with access to a range of resources, both online and hard copy materials. As part of the course you will receive complimentary ILM studying membership, the benefits of which include:
- Complimentary subscription to Edge magazine, the Institute's leadership and management magazine
- The Ci Zone, free access to a suite of interactive career development tools and resources.
- The Resource Centre brings you the access to latest leadership and management thinking through a free online catalogue of e-books, business books summaries and thousands of e-journal articles.
- The LearningZonehas over 400 digital learning resources covering essential management and leadership topics, many of which have been mapped to directly support learners on the ILM programmes.
- Full access to the ILM Insight – where managers, leaders, HR professionals, training experts,
- academics and opinion-formers come to network, share advice and find hot topics and research.
What is included in the cost?
• Registration and certification
• Course materials/handbook/e-learning resources
• ILM Studying Membership
• Assessment marking and feedback on assessments
An allocated Coach who provides support and guidance throughout the course
Training days (for FAST TRACK and INTENSIVE ONLY)
I really enjoyed the course.”
Manager – Premier Foods
“This qualification gives me creditability as I want to build my private practice”
HR Manager - Birmingham City Council
“Feel more confident coaching in my job now that I have finished this course”
TManager – The Wedding Dress Co
If you would like to deliver this programme within your company we can customise according to your needs please get in touch to discuss your needs
Book The Course Today!
INTENSIVE - 23rdto24th MAY 2018