Please Read below to find out all the information about our Building Resilience Course and also how to book!
October 04- 2018 - £350.00 - Including Vat
What Is Resilience?
Have you ever wondered why some people seem to remain calm in the face of highly stressful situations without falling apart? People that can keep their head have what psychologists call resilience, or an ability to cope with problems and setbacks.
The ability to harness resilience to cope, problems solve, look for solutions in the face of challenges
Those who lack this resilience may instead become overwhelmed by such experiences. They may dwell on problems and use unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with life’s challenges. Disappointment or failure might drive them to unhealthy, destructive, or even dangerous behaviors.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone that wants to explore ways in which to “bounce back” to build resilience in themselves of others.
What are the benefits?
• You will gain a more flexible, adaptable and positive approach to change
• You will gain tools and strategies to develop resilience and approach challenges with a more positive focus
• Improved understanding of the benefits of building and restoring important relationships
• Acquire skills that can help to reduce workplace/home anxiety (regarding their job)
• Become more level-headed and objective under pressure
• Greater appreciation of the benefits of personal care and pacing oneself
• Improved understanding of personal boundaries and how they can be strengthened
• Greater awareness that change and adversity often creates opportunities
• Be able to assess where you are in terms of resilience and action plan for further development of personal resilience
How Resilient are you?
As part of the pre-course activities you will have the opportunity to complete a simple online questionnaire that assesses resilience.
The Mental Toughness Questionnaire is an innovative psychometric tool developed by AQR in conjunction with Peter Clough, Professor of Applied Psychology at Manchester Metropolitan University. The Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48) is a dynamic and revealing diagnostic test that identifies the resilience and mental toughness of individuals.
The questionnaire is made up of 48 questions, that takes only a few minutes to complete, you will receive your personalised report straight away.
This 1 day event aims to provide an overview of ways and techniques to build resilience and develop a more positive approach to challenges and change. It will enable all delegates to assess their personal resilience through completion of the MTQ48 questionnaire and to work on an action plan for further development.
Resilience and Adaptability – What is Resilience? Reviewing the process of adaptability and resilience, understanding the implications of a sense of purpose, adaptability, self-confidence and having a support network for personal resilience. What Builds /Breaks Resilience.
Self-Perception - Victim or Hero? - Identifying your default narrative, crafting a narrative that builds resilience. Circles of Concern, Influence and Control.
Overcoming and growing from setbacks – understanding aspects of adversity which contribute to future success. Identifying key factors which enable us to learn from failure.
The Resilience Tool Kit – Strategies and tools to aid in building resilience
Developing resilience – how to access and build it in self and others, exploring the role of diet, emotional intelligence, goal-setting and self-confidence in building resilience.
Assertiveness techniques – practical tips to re-frame common preconceptions and empower individuals at work
How resilient are you? - Review of your The Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48) report- exploring change readiness and personal resilience. Action Planning
• Expert & experienced facilitator/coach
• Lunch and refreshments
• Comprehensive course materials
• Personalised Mental Toughness Assessment Report
We can deliver this programme in-company, and customise according to your needs.