Building Resilient Teams -Building High Performing Teams
Managers and leaders are challenged to address the issues of team performance, and focus considerable efforts on optimising the potential of their teams.
4-6th December 2018 - Cost- £1,600 - Including Vat
Building High Performing Teams
As Steve Jobs stated “Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people.” They want their teams to perform better, innovate more, resolve conflict, and independently solve any problem that emerges. We expect a lot from our teams, as they are fundamental to organisational success.
Building High Performing Teams
Group formation, norms, culture and team behavior, once established, is difficult to change, Patrick Lencioni documents very well the dysfunctions that can occur in groups and its impact on performance. A team is more than just a group of people working together, the effective team leader will understand the complexities involved in leading the team to successes.
This Programmes explores the facets of a high performing team, and the individuals that make up the team.
What is Resilience?
Have you ever wondered why some people seem to remain calm in the face of highly stressful situations without falling apart? People that can keep their head have what psychologists call resilience, or an ability to cope with problems crisis, high pressure challenging situations. The ability to harness resilience to cope, look for solutions in the face of challenges, is a skill/quality that can be learnt, and is essential to high performing teams.
Those who lack this resilience may instead become overwhelmed by such experiences. They may dwell on problems and use unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with challenges.
Why is resilience important in building a successful team?
Organisational pressures can be identified as one of those areas that can invoke situations that present challenges, demands, stresses, pressures and changing priorities. The ability of individuals and teams to cope with such situations is at the heart of the success of an organisation and can relate directly to “the bottom line”.
Resilience is central to well-being as it is to team and organisational performance. No wonder there is a surge of interest in resilience-building, as organisations and their employees are faced with constant change and new challenges. Building resilient teams means that your team is more equipped to manage shifting business landscape and to continue to achieve results
Conversely inability to deal with these problems can play a significant role in not only the outcome but also the long-term psychological consequences, for the individual and organisation.
Who is the course for?
The programme is for leaders and mangers who want to explore strategies for optimizing team performance, in a forum where peers from a variety of sectors and countries can come together under expert facilitation to focus on the issues related to team performance and cohesion.
Day 1 – Leadership styles and effective team leadership
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles and practices.
- Recognise the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on team performance.
- Understand how to develop and influence others.
- Learn how to choose an appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand
- Recognise and understand different team roles and their importance in effective team building.
- Learn how to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
Day 2 – Team development and dynamics
- Identify the key characteristics of successful teams
- Understand and assess the stage of development of their own team
- Identify different styles of leadership and when to use them
- Motivate the team towards success
- Recognise the value of different team roles/Belbin team roles
- Learn how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task.
- Managing team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Understand how teams develop over time.
- Identify team member strengths and their role preferences
Day 3- Building Resilient teams
- What being resilient is and how to develop it in team members.
- What behaviours resilient teams typically demonstrate.
- How change impacts on a team's ability to remain positive.
- How you can minimise the impact of challenges faced.
- How to improve the level of control teams need to operate at.
- How commitment and confidence can be enhanced.
- How and when to choose appropriate tools and techniques
- Recognise and learn how to manage stress within the team.
- Recognise behaviour traits in self and others
- Gain a better understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork.
- Allocate tasks and learn when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout.
- Build supportive and effective teams and networks.
Our workshops/seminars are……..Engaging, Relevant and Practical
Our Experienced and expert leadership and management consultants, ensure that workshops/seminars are facilitated in an engaging and interactive manner. Industry specialist they are committed to excellence. With experience of delivery training to executives at all levels both in the UK and internationally you will benefit from their substantial breath of experience. This wealth of knowledge and experience will enhance your training experience, regardless of business context or sector.
• Lunch, and all refreshments
• Expert Leadership and Management trainers/facilitators on training days
• Comprehensive course materials
• ILM Leadership and management professional membership
• Certificate of attendance
“My leadership skills will improve as a result, I have the tools now to improve my ability to motivate and manage my team successfully”
Central Bank of Oman
“The course was very practical, through games, discussion and case studies I was able to understand the elements of a good team, and how I could ensure that I get the best from my staff. The course met my requirements and exceeded it”
We can deliver this programme in-company, and customise according to your needs.
Book The Course Today!